Picket Inc. cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting personal information. At Picket (“Picket” or “we” or “us” or “our”), we want you to contribute and use to our websites, our mobile and desktop applications, our other properties and/or our related services (collectively known as the “Services,” or, each individually, a “Service”).
We pledge to be transparent about the information we monitor and collect from you. We strive to keep information private between you and Picket in the manner noted below.
When you use the Services, we collect a variety of information.
- Information you Provide. When using the Services, you may provide information about yourself, such as name, address, phone number, email and details related to transactions completed through the Services. This may occur, for example, when you register on the Services, request to tour or make an offer on a home, correspond with a buyer or seller or their real estate agent, or complete other forms, such as a loan request or purchase contract through the Services. You may also provide information about a third party through the Services, for example, if you share a real estate listing with a recipient via email. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your interaction with the Services or from other companies. In addition, when you order products or services through the Services, Picket may collect your credit/debit card information. This information is secured using industry-standard encryption technology. Picket will use this information solely to complete your order and will not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to complete the order or comply with applicable law.
- Calls. Calls to Picket or to third parties through Picket may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes. If a call is recorded between you, Picket, or a third party, it will be deemed private information of each party, and may be released to any party.
- Mobile Device and Mobile Browser. You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
- Usage Logs. When you use the Services, your computer or other electronic device communicates a variety of information to computer servers, including the existence of cookies, your Internet Protocol address, and information about your browser program. We also create a record of what information you are requesting, such as the page or subject areas you’re visiting.
Usage and Disclosure
In general, Picket uses the information collected from you to communicate with you and operate our Services. Picket also uses this information to respond to your requests and present you with advertising that we believe will be of interest or useful to you. Picket also captures the details of any transactions that take place through the Services and may use such information for internal or external purposes, provided that Picket will anonymize all personal data (other than address) when using or providing such transaction data to users or third parties.
Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting information that identifies you personally, where you have chosen to keep it private (“Personal Information”). We will only share Personal Information that you provide outside the public areas of the Services in the following circumstances:
- Consent. When you consent or direct Picket to share the Personal Information. For example, if you choose to contact a homeowner to tour or make an offer on a home through the Services, the information you transmit through the system, including your name, email address and phone number may be transmitted to the homeowner to complete the task you requested through the Services. Further, if you advertise a home for sale through the Services, Picket may provide your name, address, email address and phone number to individual users interested in touring or making offers on your home. Picket cannot guarantee that all tour requests or offers are genuine and you hereby consent to the release of your Personal information in accordance herewith, and further agree to hold Picket harmless from any liability or damages you may suffer as a result of such release.
- Merger or Sale. If and when Picket is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Personal Information may be transferred along with the business.
Further, while we do not share your Personal Information with third parties unless permitted above, Picket may share aggregate anonymous information with third-parties. This information does not personally identify individuals, but instead provides a helpful understanding of the groups of people who prefer certain types of information and services.
Real Estate Information
Picket strives to provide access to and improve real estate information available to the general public. For example, we make certain details of past transactions conducted through the Services available to future users in an anonymous fashion (other than property address) to assist such users with information-backed decision making. Where third-party service providers participate in the Services, we may also allow users to comment on such providers, such as through ratings and reviews. Picket may post, remove, or edit any reviews submitted by users in its sole discretion, and you agree to the display, editing or removal of any such reviews or ratings submitted through the Services.
You may receive emails and text messages from Picket for a variety of reasons – for example, if you took an action through the Services such as advertising a home for sale or requesting to tour or make an offer on a home. We respect your desire to manage email correspondence.
You can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
In addition, if you have provided your email address to us, we may use a scrambled, unreadable form (a hash) of your email address to deliver tailored advertisements to you on the Services or on other websites, including via Facebook’s Custom Audience Feature or other similar Facebook tools.
You may opt-out of cookie tracking and analysis as described below. The Services do not otherwise respond to ‘do not track’ signals.
Opting Out of Collection of Information by Third Parties
Picket Ad Providers
Picket Marketing Service Providers
If you do not want Picket and its marketing services providers to follow your usage of our Services via cookies and Web beacons, you can opt out of Cookies/Web beacons from: comScore, Google Analytics, Omniture and Yahoo! Opting out of these services does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the service from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your Web preferences and usage patterns. Please note that, if you opt out and later delete your cookies, use a different browser, or use a different computer or other electronic device, you will need to renew your opt-out choices.
Picket can provide you with helpful information based on where you are. If you tell Picket where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send Picket your location), Picket may use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
You may access all of your personally identifiable information collected by emailing us at email@example.com. You may also correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, demonstrating the error. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to granting access or making corrections.
Children Under the Age of 13
Picket will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13. The Services are not designed to attract the attention of persons under the age of 13.
Storage, Security and Retention of Information
You acknowledge that Personal Information will be processed and stored by Picket in databases hosted in the United States. Picket has taken reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us, including, but not limited to, setup of processes, equipment and software to avoid unauthorized access or disclosure of this information. No transmission of information via the Internet can be entirely secure, however, so please always use caution when submitting Personal Information.
You can access, update, and delete Personal Information you provide to Picket in your account profile by logging into your account or emailing us at email@example.com. While we are ready to assist you in managing the Personal Information you provide to us, we cannot always delete records due to financial reporting, compliance, or other reasons.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or the privacy practices of Picket, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.